How to choose a low-voltage plug and socket?
Understand the safety performance of low-voltage plugs and sockets. When selecting and using them, grasp the following points to ensure the safety of your family and property:
Low voltage plug socket
1. Be sure to choose regular factories, supermarkets or specialty stores, and choose brand products; choose corresponding (matching) products according to the power of the electrical appliances used, such as air conditioners, high-power showers and other products with 16A plugs and sockets, and other low-power electrical appliances. 10A plug socket. For example, if you choose a power cord with a 16A plug, it depends on whether the square specification of the wire reaches 1.5 square meters or more. If the wire is less than 1.5 square meters, the copper wire of the wire is easy to generate heat, and the PVC sheath will become soft when using high-power electrical appliances, causing the electrical appliances to burn or short circuit.
2. You must check whether the product identification is complete, whether there is a manufacturer’s trademark, and whether there is a safety certification mark of the local country (for example, in the Chinese market, there must be a CCC mark). If there is no mark on the plug-in product, then the plug-in product must be fake, and the product quality is not guaranteed.
3. Check the low-voltage plug and socket qualification certificate and the inspection report issued by the statutory department. If the converter product is not included in the compulsory certification, you should check the inspection report issued by the statutory inspection agency when purchasing, or check online whether the file number on the plug is valid.
4. Conduct a simple insertion test on the low-voltage plug and socket. After the plug is inserted into the socket, it should be in good contact without looseness, and it can be pulled out without too much effort. Because some products, although they have been tested before leaving the factory, will inevitably damage the inserts when they are transported after leaving the factory. Test them out before buying, which can save you a lot of unnecessary losses down the road.
5. Never buy low-voltage plugs and sockets with rotatable pins, or artificially change the shape of low-voltage plugs and sockets. This kind of low-voltage plug and socket that changes shape must pass CCC certification, otherwise it must be an unsafe plug product that is easily broken down by high voltage. Do not use two high-power electrical appliances on one socket at the same time; if you find that the temperature of the low-voltage plug socket or power cord is too high or there are sparks, you should stop and replace it.
Line-L (red, yellow, blue), neutral-N (blue or black) and ground-E.
High current plug and socket: do you know how to choose the switch socket.